- How to clone an existing Application Proxy to create a new Application Proxy with the same settings
- If you are starting with a "Classic Proxy" see How to Clone a 'Classic Proxy' to 'Application Proxy'
- Can be used to help reduce the administration effort for creating a new Application Proxy, by cloning configuration elements for Security Profiles
- Easy way to Clone the configuration of a Test/QA Application, to a Production Application, or vice versa
- Can be used when deploying multiple like Applications or Web services that share similar security requirements, or back end configuration
- Silverline WAF
- Silverline Shape Defense
- Silverline Layer 7 DoS
- In Silverline Portal, go to Config > Proxy / App Config > Proxy / App Management
- Click the name of an Application Proxy in list
- Click the button in upper right that says Clone Web Application Object
- Page refreshes to show new App Proxy
- Default name is "copy-of-" original App Proxy name
- Please specify a suitable name for the newly cloned App Proxy
- Ensure to specify the unique FQDN or FQDN's that will be used in the new App Proxy.
- Review the settings that have be cloned from the original App proxy, which include:
- SSL Profile
- Back End Origin Server IP Address or FQDN
- Selection of Scrubbing Centers and rPOP's used for the Back end
- Security Profiles for Threat Intelligence, L7 DDoS and WAF Policy
- F5® Application Traffic Insight Settings
- Shape Security (bot mitigation) Protected Endpoints.
- Ensure to record the newly allocated CNAME for use with your related DNS configuration
- Click Save to save this new App Proxy