This article guides you on how to extract your service configuration data from our F5 Silverline customer portal, i.e.
- How many proxies do I have configured?
- How many GRE Tunnels do I have configured?
- How many WAF Policies do I have configured?
- Do I have Threat Intelligence or Local Router Monitoring configured?
This could be useful for internal reports, evaluating configuration accuracy, or comparing actual configurations versus the entitled amount provided for in your contract.
- Silverline Portal
Question: How many ________ do I have configured?
To find out how many proxies you have deployed
- In the Silverline Portal, go to Config > Proxy configuration > Proxy Management
- The number next to Live configuration gives you the total number of deployed proxies.
- Click into Live Configurations tab to see list of deployed proxies and details on each.
- Alternative: Download the list of proxies by using the Download button in upper-right of table, and selecting CSV or JSON format
To learn more: Proxy services
To find out how many GRE Tunnels you have deployed
- In the Silverline Portal, go to Config > Routed configuration > GRE Tunnel Management
- The number next to Live configuration gives you the total number of deployed tunnels.
- Click into Live Configurations tab to see list of deployed tunnels and details on each.
- Tunnels grouped under the name of the scrubbing data center that they are connected to.
To learn more: DDoS routed solutions
To find out how many WAF Policies you have deployed
- In the Silverline Portal, go to Config > Proxy configuration > WAF Policy Management
- View the list of configured WAF policies
- Under each policy name, you will find a tag of the policy enforcement mode Transparent or Blocking
- Under the Applied To column, find the list of proxies attached to this policy.
- At the bottom of the list, find the total number of policies deployed, for example: “Displaying policies 1 - 12 of 313 in total”.
- If you wish to look for a certain policy, you can leverage the search field on the top right.
To learn more on our WAF services set up and management.
Threat Intelligence Profiles
To find out how many Threat Intelligence profiles you have configured:
- In the Silverline Portal, go to Config > Proxy / App Configuration > Threat Intelligence Profiles
- Each row is a configured Threat Intelligence profile.
- Profile name - name given to this threat intelligence set up. You can have multiple profiles.
- Blocked categories - If the profile is set to blocking mode, under the “Blocked Categories” you will see the categories names that are set to block traffic.
- If this column is empty, this means that no traffic is blocked.
- Applied to – what proxies are attached to this profile. In order to block traffic, you have to apply the profile to your proxies of choice.
- If this column is empty, this means no proxy is attached and no traffic is blocked.
To learn more: Threat Intelligence
Routers (for Local Router Monitoring)
To find out how many routers you have configured for Local Router Monitoring:
- In the Silverline Portal, go to Monitor & Analyze > Network Traffic > Customer
- On the right side of the graph, click the drop-down menu Total Local Traffic
- In the drop-down, you'll see the routers listed below where it says "Routers"
- Click each router name to view the network traffic graph sent to SOC via that router
To learn more: How to Configure Local Router Monitoring with Silverline