Silverline Shape Defense now has the option to protect public information against Web Scraping. The addition of Web Scraping protection in the Silverline Shape Defense service will help customers control how scrapers and aggregators harvest data from websites, allowing them to protect their most valuable and sensitive data.
- For example: your website has prices publicly-listed (not behind login wall) and you want to prevent these from being scraped by bots
- Must be turned on by the SOC - If you are an existing Shape Defense customer and you'd like Web Scraping protection, contact the SOC. If you don't have Shape Defense, contact your Silverline Sales representative.
How it works
If you are new to Shape Defense, start here: Getting Started with Silverline Shape Defense (Onboarding)
If you need more background info on web scraping and bots, see:
- What is Web Scraping? What are Benefits of Silverline Web Scraping Protection (Shape Defense)?
- Q&A: What are bots?
- Q&A: Does Shape Defense allow Good Bots (like Google) to crawl pages?
To Configure Web Scraping Protection, read the following content:
- Q&A: How does Silverline Web Scraping Protection Work? (Shape Defense)
- How to Configure Silverline Web Scraping Protection (Shape Defense)
- How to Validate Silverline Web Scraping Protection (Shape Defense)
- How to Configure Shape Defense Allowlists via iRule Data Tables
Additional Articles on Web Scraping Protection: