- If BIG-IP on-prem is under maintenance / upgrade / testing, a Hybrid BIG-IP can be placed into a Suppressed state, which prevents signals from that BIG-IP from creating tickets for the F5 Silverline SOC.
- This capability is reserved for Customer Admins and F5 SOC Analysts.
How Long is the Hybrid BIG-IP Supressed?
- Duration of Suppressions is a configurable option: from 1 hour up to a maximum of 24 hours
- If a device needs to be suppressed for longer than 24 hours: the BIG-IP can be deleted from the Silverline portal and can then be re-registered at the appropriate time by re-running the Hybrid Connector iApp.
- Silverline DDoS
- Hybrid Signaling
- Hybrid Connector
- F5 BIG-IP
- In the Silverline Portal, navigate to Config > Hybrid Configuration > Hybrid BIG-IP Management
- In the row of the Device that needs suppressed, click the Suppressed slider:
- Then select the appropriate duration:
- The Hybrid device will then show
- blacked out Health Icon
- Suppressed Until timestamp
- button to release the device from the suppressed state, to allow it to create tickets to the F5 SOC:
Getting Started with Hybrid Signaling Series
- Getting Started with Hybrid Signaling: Integrating On-Prem BIG-IPs With Silverline
- Article 1 - How to Configure Hybrid Connector iApp
- Article 2 - iApp Tags
- Article 3 - Volumetric and L3/L4 DDoS
- Article 4 - ASM Bad Actors & Layer 7 DoS
- Article 5 - Troubleshooting Connectivity
- Download Silverline Hybrid Signaling iApps
Check Common Issues with Hybrid Signaling iApp
- How to Configure Portal Credentials for Hybrid Signaling
- How to Check that DNS is configured properly for Hybrid Signaling
- How to check BIG-IP access to Silverline for Hybrid Signaling