What does a proxy displacement by the SOC mean?
- Silverline WAF
- Silverline DDoS
- Proxy / Proxies
Displacement - a series of proxy deployments during which we disable scrubbing centers one-by-one, so that any corrupt configuration is removed. No outage is expected. During this process, the proxy may be moved to another part of the infrastructure, and software version change may appear.
- As a procedure that needs proxy deployment, it can cause a reset of the client's session. Solved by refreshing page in the browser.
- Usually takes 30 minutes, during which clients may encounter resets.
- Because of nature of this process we would suggest to schedule this activity with SOC outside of business hours to avoid any potential issues.
- INITIAL Application Proxy Configuration for HTTP / HTTPS / WAF Proxy Service Type
- [VIDEO] Configure HTTPS Proxy
- Q&A: Can proxy deployment cause downtime?