This policy outlines how features and functionality are released and governed within the Silverline Cloud Platform. The features may relate to the Silverline Customer Portal, the Silverline Customer API, Traffic Routing, Traffic Handling, etc.
Features in the Beta stage: customers are able to utilize the capabilities while assuming the risk that the feature is not bug-free and may cause issues with application delivery.
- Interface directly with the Silverline Security Operations Center (SOC), who will coordinate with Silverline Product Management
- Limited Scope of Support; Reasonable Effort
- Use on Production Apps is Not Recommended
Generally Available Features
Features that move to be Generally Available (GA) will follow the normal processes and procedures for full support.
- Interface directly with the Silverline Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Normal Scope of Support and Escalation Processes
- Use on Production Apps is Fully Supported
Deprecated Features and Infrastructure at End of Support
Deprecated Features or Infrastructure that has reached End of Support will not be supported by the Silverline SOC or Silverline Engineering.
- Deprecated features are not supported and will be removed from the Silverline platform as communicated via the Release Notes, on a feature-by-feature basis
- Configurations that are running on Infrastructure that has reached End of Support must be migrated to supported infrastructure
- Use on Production or Non-Production Apps is Not Supported nor Allowed