How to add a prefix intended for protection to the Silverline Portal.
- Adding prefixes to Portal is the first step in getting it ready to be routed over Silverline for protection.
- See Getting Started with Silverline Routed DDoS Protection Services for the full routed setup guide
- GRE Tunnels
- Browse to Config > Routed Configuration > IP Network Management
- If no ASNs have been added already, click 'Add' and define the public origin AS that the prefix will be originated from
- If your ASN already exists, click the pencil 'edit' button in the ASN section and scroll to the bottom of the prefix list in that ASN configuration
- Finally, enter the subnet and click 'Save and Finish'.
- This will generate a ticket to the SOC who will then verify the prefix has a valid route object in our IRR and our carriers are ready to accept the prefix. If no route object previously exists, it will take up to 12hrs for our carriers to begin to be ready to accept the prefix.
- Q&A: When will Silverline's carriers be ready to accept my prefix advertisements?
- Q&A Resource Public Key Infrastructure Route Origin Authorizations (ROAs)