- How do cookies work in Silverline?
- How can I identify Silverline cookies in the client traffic?
- Silverline WAF
- BIG-IP ASM
- The TS cookie is set by our infrastructure (BIG-IP ASM), and is an integral part of the Security Silverline offers. The BIG-IP ASM system validates these cookies returning from the clients to ensure that the cookies are not modified.
The ASM Main cookie is inserted into HTTP responses to client requests. The ASM Main cookie serves the following functions:
- Validates domain cookies and qualifying subdomain cookies: The ASM Main cookie verifies that the domain and subdomain cookies that are sent from the webserver to the client are not altered. The BIG-IP ASM system parses HTTP responses from the webserver for the Set-Cookie header. If the Set-Cookie header is present, the BIG-IP ASM system performs a hash on the cookie and inserts the hash value into the ASM Main cookie.
- Detects session expiration: The BIG-IP ASM system uses the ASM Main cookie to track user sessions for session expiration.
- Validates the integrity of the ASM Frame or Feature cookies: The ASM Main cookie verifies the integrity of the ASM Frame or Feature cookies to ensure they are not altered.
- The ASM Main cookie name structure contains eight hexadecimal characters (TSxxxxxxxx).
- How to Enable Cookie Persistence
- Q&A: What is Cookie Persistence?