The process of allowing (formerly known as whitelisting) URLs or URIs to avoid/bypass WAF policy inspection for an application proxy
- Exclude URL or URI from the WAF policy inspection process
- Avoid triggering WAF violation(s) on an URL or URI
- Silverline Proxy
- Silverline DDoS
- WAF Policy/Policies
- In the portal go to: Config / Proxy Configuration / Proxy Management / Live Configuration
- Select and click in the proxy to open the proxy configuration.
- Once in the proxy configuration, go to Services and select the service.
- Go to Security Policies.
- Under Profile Setting click in the Add button, you will see a new profile configuration:
- In the new profile add the URL or URI.
- Note: URI field uses "start_with" operator, this means that URL or URI will match any other character in the URL or URI after the string value. Ex: /Path2, /Path3
- Once you finish, you will see two profiles
- You can drag the URI configuration up and down to re-arrange the order
Drag specific URLs to the top and generic URLs to the bottom
as the matching will be based on "starts_with" operator
For example, a proxy is configured with
* If URL comes in as "/helloworld/images/jpg/image001.jpg"
URL will match the first configuration "/helloworld/images/" due to the "starts_with" operator
- Click on Save and Deploy button.
- The WAF will no longer trigger violations on this specified URI with the WAF Policy set to "None".