- How to remove proxies from the Silverline Portal
- How to remove SSL profiles and certificates from the Silverline Portal
- How to remove WAF policies from the Silverline Portal
- Silverline WAF
- Proxy / Proxies
- SSL Profile
- WAF Policy
Note: The WAF policy is the only object that will require the SOC to remove. Customers can delete proxies, SSL Profiles, and SSL Certificates.
- Delete Proxy
- a. In Silverline Portal, navigate to Config > Proxy / App Configuration > Proxy / App Management
- b. Locate the proxy you want to delete, and click the Edit button (pencil icon) on right.
- c. In Proxy/App editor, click the Delete button in the bottom-right.
- Delete SSL Profiles and SSL Certificates.
- a. In Silverline Portal, navigate to Config > Proxy / App Configuration > SSL Management
- b. In the Certificates & Keys tab, locate the SSL certificate you want to delete. Under "Actions" on the right, click the X icon to delete the SSL certificate.
- d. In the Front End or Back End SSL Profiles tabs, locate the SSL profile you want to delete. Click the X icon to delete the SSL certificate.
- Open a ticket with the SOC and specify the WAF policies you want deleted.