- The Intent of the article is to provide a process/guide to enable Cookie Persistence
- For questions about Q&A: What is Cookie Persistence?
- Cookie Persistence Option is only available when there are two or more backends configured on a proxy
- Silverline WAF
- Silverline DDoS Proxy
- Cookie Persistence
- Two or more backend servers
- Log in to Silverline Portal (https://portal.f5silverline.com/)
- Navigate to Config > Proxy Configuration > Proxy Management
- Locate the proxy and proceed to edit the configuration
- Select WAF Proxy, HTTP and/or SSL HTTP Service Type
- Navigate to Advanced Tab
- Under Less Common Options, enable the option for "Use Cookie Persistence"
- If “Use Cookie Persistence” toggle is turned to ON -- When a client makes a request to the proxy, they will get a cookie embedded with the chosen backend server.