- Is it possible to do SSL offloading on Silverline?
- Existing proxy is listening on 443 but would like the backend to be 80 (plain text HTTP)
- Silverline WAF
- Silverline DDoS
- No, we do not offer the ability to do SSL offloading in Silverline.
- The term "SSL offloading" is where the proxy can handle HTTPS on the frontend and send in plain text (HTTP) requests to the backend.
- As Silverline is a cloud environment, sending traffic to the backend via HTTP when the original request is HTTPS would be a security concern as traffic will be proxied via the internet unencrypted. Thus, Silverline does not support this configuration.