What is a HAR file?
- How is a HAR file useful for troubleshooting issues?
- What is the purpose of a HAR file?
- DDoS Proxy
HTTP Archive format (HAR) is a JSON-formatted archive file format that helps log the interaction of a web browser with a site
- Can be exported by the most commonly used web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)
- Provides detailed performance data about web pages it loads
- Used by the SOC to obtain detailed information about the requests from the browser -- see How to Generate HAR Files
HAR files can contain sensitive data, including content of the pages downloaded and/or cookies while recording the HAR file.