- How is a HAR file useful for troubleshooting issues?
- What is the purpose of a HAR file?
- DDoS Proxy
HTTP Archive format (HAR) is a JSON-formatted archive file format that helps log the interaction of a web browser with a site
- Can be exported by the most commonly used web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)
- Provides detailed performance data about web pages it loads
- Used by the SOC to obtain detailed information about the requests from the browser -- see How to Generate HAR Files
HAR files can contain sensitive data, including the content of the pages downloaded and/or cookies while recording the HAR file. If you're sharing this with the SOC team, make sure to upload the file into the Secure Repository instead of providing it in the ticket.