- Steps for editing existing L7 DDoS Profiles on the Silverline Portal
- Descriptions of columns in table / list of existing L7 DDoS Profiles
- if you want to create a new profile, see: How to Configure New L7 DDoS Profiles
- Silverline Portal
- L7 DDoS Profiles v3 (updated in Jan 2020)
- Proxy / Proxied customers
- Existing L7 DDoS Profiles created
1. Navigate to: Config > Proxy Configuration > L7 DDoS Profile Management
2. Find an existing L7 DDoS Profile in the table.
- Filter - type in the desired search query where it says "Filter All."
- This searches all columns, so for example: you can search a profile name, # of proxies, or deployment status 'failed'
- Columns in the table are:
- Name - the name of the L7 DDoS profile
- Enforcement Mode
- Transparent - traffic that violates thresholds is logged but still allowed to access application. Default mode for new L7 DDoS Profiles.
- Blocking - traffic that violates thresholds is logged and subject to mitigation actions.
- Proxy / Applications - the number of proxies / applications that are using this profile
- To see the names of proxies / applications: Click on the name of the L7DoS profile, and then the proxies/apps are listed on the right-hand side.
- Deployment Status - if the profile is deployed and when the last deployment occurred
- Deployment Success - profile is deployed
- Deployment Failure - an attempt to deploy the profile failed
- blank - profile is not deployed / undeployed
- Version - most recent version of profile.
- Profiles are moved to a new version as soon as changes are saved.
- View past versions by clicking three-dot menu (appears at right when you hover on profile's row) and selecting "Versions
3. In the three-dot menu (appears at right when you hover on desired profile's row), click Edit.
4. Configure the profile settings and save. See How to Configure New L7 DDoS Profiles for details on settings.