Is Silverline capable of mitigating FancyBear DDoS attacks?
- Yes. F5 Silverline has observed and mitigated attacks that match the same vectors associated with FancyBear
- FancyBear is not known for performing DDoS attacks
- RDoS (Ransomware DDoS) groups have impersonated FancyBear in the past
- Silverline will continue to monitor and alert any DDoS activity
- Fancybear is a 15-year-old hacking group generally believed to be Russian state-sponsored group APT28.
- Fancybear has been implicated in many high-profile hacks, including US DNC and the IOC.