Is Silverline capable of mitigating FancyBear DDoS attacks?
- Fancybear is a 15yr old hacking group generally believed to be Russian state sponsored group APT28.
- Fancybear has been implicated in many high profile hacks, including US DNC and the IOC.
- Yes. F5 Silverline has observed and mitigated attacks that match the same vectors associated with FancyBear
- FancyBear is not known for performing DDoS attacks
- RDoS (Ransomware DDoS) groups have impersonated FancyBear in the past
- Silverline will continue to monitor and alert any DDoS activity