- How to Test & Verify New Application / DDoS Proxies
- Assumes you have already set-up proxies:
- Silverline WAF
- Silverline DDoS
- Proxy / Proxies
Test & Verify Proxies
- Test. This is possible by simply changing your hosts file to point your URL to the provided IPs or DNS records.
- How To Test The Silverline Proxy Using 'Hosts' File On Windows PC.
- Process is similar for Linux and Mac OSX machines, however the format of the Hosts file differs. Path of ‘hosts’ in Linux/Mac OSX is usually [/etc/hosts].
- Update DNS Records: Update your domain DNS's A or CNAME records
- Verify functionality by:
- Testing site(s)
- Viewing statistics in Portal -- see Monitor & Analyze: Proxy Stats
Next Step: Configure on Premise Setup
Before you can start routing traffic through Silverline proxies, there are very important steps to follow to ensure that your on-premises set-up is correct.