Before we can set up your Silverline services, we need to understand some key information about your network(s). The Silverline Security Operations Center (SOC) uses the information in this document for every Application that you want to protect with a WAF Policy. Note: If filling out the entire questionnaire will take more than a few days, please go ahead and send us the information in “Minimum Required Information” (below) so we can start collecting data in Transparent Mode.
This questionnaire does not relate to proxy configuration details -- such as ports, SSL certs, etc. For application proxy configuration steps, see INITIAL Application Proxy Configuration For HTTP / HTTPS / WAF Proxy Service Type
- Silverline Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Microsoft Word
- WAF Policy
|Download the WAF Technical Questionnaire|
- Current Version: v7.5
- We recommend you always download the questionnaire from the link above to ensure you have the most up-to-date version.
2. Fill Out Information
Minimum Required Information
- Preferred Policy Name - We recommend that you use a consistent naming convention.
- Application Encoding - If you don't know how to determine this, see WAF Setup FAQ: How do I determine application encoding?
It is then recommended to fill out the entire questionnaire with all known variables: Q&A: What are the details that should be provided in the Technical Questionnaire?
Note: If filling out the entire questionnaire will take more than a few days, please go ahead and send us the information in “Minimum Required Information” (above) so we can start collecting data in Transparent Mode.
- Then we'll create a Transparent WAF Policy and start collecting data, while you finish the questionnaire so we can tune more precisely.
- For more info: Q&A: What is "Tuning" a WAF Policy? What is SOC vs. my responsibilities in this process?
3. Submit Finished Questionnaire
When you've filled out this document, attach it to your provisioning ticket with the SOC, or create a new ticket. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this vital information.
- The SOC will update the questionnaire ticket once your WAF Policy is created. The policy is then available in your Silverline Portal account.
- Next, attach your new WAF Policy to an Application Proxy: How to Attach WAF Policy to Proxy
- Q&A: When Can We Schedule an Onboarding Call for WAF Onboarding
- WAF Setup: Onboarding and Implementation Plan
- WAF Setup: Blocking Phases
- Onboarding Videos Guide: Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Q&A: What are the details that should be provided in the Technical Questionnaire?
- Q&A: What is "Tuning" a WAF Policy? What is SOC vs. my responsibilities in this process?
- How to Attach WAF Policy to Proxy