|Watch the WAF Onboarding Videos|
Summary of Onboarding Process for WAF
- Customer prepares for Onboarding call, which includes the following:
- Customer activates their Portal account (link in Welcome email).
- Customer watches Onboarding Videos on Onboarding Videos Guide: Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Technical Onboarding Call (First Meeting)
- SOC and Customer review the WAF onboarding process and configuration details
- SOC can address any of Customer's questions or concerns.
- Set up SSL - Customer uploads SSL certificates and creates SSL Profiles
- Set up Application Proxy- Customer configures application proxy
- Add SSL Profiles to Proxy
- Create WAF Policy - Customer fills out WAF Tech Questionnaire. SOC Creates WAF Policy.
- Add WAF Policy to Proxy
- How to Attach WAF Policy to Proxy
- WAF Policies default to Transparent mode.
- For more details on WAF policy tuning (adjustment and maintenance), see WAF Policy Maintenance / Tuning section below.
- Set up Log Export - Customer requests SOC to turn on Log Export. Customer configures.
- (If applicable) Set up Threat Intelligence
- How to add users to my Silverline Portal account
- How to Setup Account Passphrases
- How To: Add an API token for API Integration
- How to Allowlist IP addresses for WAF Services
WAF Policy Maintenance / Tuning
These articles provide much more details on what happens with your WAF Policies over time:
- Q&A: What is "Tuning" a WAF Policy? What is SOC vs. my responsibilities in this process?
- Modules described in this article (WAF Setup: Blocking Phases) are the default categories/modules that are supported.
- For additional protections that can be implemented within Silverline: Q&A: What Additional Protection Does Silverline WAF Services Offer Besides the Default Blocking Modules?
- When you're ready to tune a policy, submit a WAF Violation Assessment: How to Create WAF Violation Assessments