- How to define "Tags" and assign the tags to Portal users
- How to use Tags to segment what certain users can see within the Portal.
- For example, tags can be created with a business unit, an application, or other set of roles in mind.
The following screenshot lists all the proxy configs as seen by Admin (unrestricted view):
User A has been configured with the tag: 'TagTest1'
When User A logs in, they only see the proxy tagged with "TagTest1."
- Silverline WAF
- Silverline DDoS
- Silverline Portal
- WAF Policies
- WAF Assessments (based on WAF Policy tags - More Detail: here)
- GRE Tunnels
|For a video tutorial, see [VIDEO] Restricting Access to Portal Using Tags with Roles Based Access Control (RBAC).|
How to Add Tags to Users
- In the Silverline Portal, click on your company's name in the top ribbon, just beside your user name.
- Then click the 'Users' button.
- Then click the 'pencil' button to edit the user you'd like to modify.
- Scroll down to the the 'User limited to these tags' section.
- If you click in the filed, a list of pre-defined tags will pop up.
- Click the desired tags.
- To define a new tag: start typing and press the Enter key to create the new tag.
- Added tags appear as gray boxes with a small gray x. Click the X to delete the tag.
- To save the added tags to the user, click 'Update.'
How to Tag Portal Objects
Note: Objects that do not have a tag associated are unrestricted and are viewable by all users.
The following Portal Objects accept tags:
- Open the editing screen for the desired Portal object, i.e. a proxy -- See Proxy Set-up Guide: Proxy / App Configuration in Silverline Portal
- Click in the field labeled "Tags."
- Type in the tags you desire to add. Select them as they appear in the drop-down.
- Add tags on the Proxy configurations summary screen:
- WAF Policy:
- [VIDEO] Restricting Access to Portal Using Tags with Roles Based Access Control (RBAC)
- How do I add users to my Silverline Portal account?
- Q&A: What are the User Roles in Silverline Portal?
- Q&A: Do User Tags Impact WAF Assessments?
- Onboarding Video 2: Setting Up Portal Account & Adding Users
- WAF Onboarding Video 3: Configuring WAF Services - Adding SSL Certificates, Proxies, and WAF Policies