This article explains:
What are Passphrases?
- When a user calls in to the SOC, the SOC asks for the passphrase (set on the customer account or individually on the user account) to verify that who we are speaking to is the right person and has the right level of access.
- If a passphrase (account or individual) has been configured, no customer information or changes will be provided or accepted without the contact providing the valid passphrase to the SOC analyst team.
- Silverline DDoS or WAF customers
- Silverline Portal
- Customer Info
- My Profile
Setup for Account Level Passphrase
An account level passphrase sets a single passphrase for the “global” customer account. This option is typically useful if there are a large number of authorized customer representatives that may need to interact with the F5 Silverline SOC. This allows for simpler passphrase deployment, utilization, and control as only a single passphrase is required and maintained.
To configure an Account Level passphrase, complete the following actions:
- Login to the F5 Silverline Customer portal
- Click on your account name in the upper right-hand corner of the page
- Click on “Edit Customer”
- Enter the desired passphrase in the box titled, "Passphrase"
- Click "Save"
The account level passphrase will be immediately applied and all future customer contact with the F5 Silverline SOC will require the individual to provide the designated passphrase.
Setup for User Level Passphrase
A user level passphrase is set by each individual authorized customer representative. Each individual user is required to administer their passphrase when talking with the SOC team. There is no central management available for this option.
To configure a User Level Passphrase, complete the following actions, per user:
- Login to the F5 Silverline Customer portal (https://portal.f5silverline.com/users/sign_in)
- Click on your user name in the upper right-hand corner of the page and, from the drop-down box that appears, click “My Profile”
- On the User Profile page, enter the desired passphrase into the box titled, "Passphrase"
- Click "Update"
The user level passphrase will be immediately applied and all future customer contact with the F5 Silverline SOC will require the individual to provide the designated passphrase.