What is Multi-Tenant Configuration for Silverline
- How does the Multi-Tenant Configuration look like in Silverline?
- What is the related portal navigation taking into account parent and child accounts?
- Silverline WAF
- Silverline DDoS
- Use Cases
- Rights & Access
- How to Configure Multi-Tenant Relationships
- How to View Parent / Child Customers in Silverline Portal
Configuration of Multi-Tenant relationships must be done by the Silverline SOC.
Open a support ticket to establish this configuration
Provide the Following Information:
The F5 Silverline Customer Portal can support a basic multi-tenant configuration that allows for identified customers to have access and change rights to other configured customers.
- This established hierarchy allows for the designation of a Parent Customer with one or more Child Customers.
- Parent Customers have visibility and access into all Child Customers
- Child Customers only have visibility and access to themselves.
- The Silverline portal supports a single level hierarchy where a Parent may only be a Parent and not also a Child.
Rights & Access for Parent vs Child Accounts
Rights and access granted to Parent Customer users will flow-down to the configured Child Customers.
- If a User in the Parent Customer has the "User" or "Customer Admin" role to modify the configuration in the Parent Customer, that User will have same rights to modify the configuration in the Child Customer.
- If a User in the Parent Customer has the "Can View WAF Logs" attribute, they can view WAF logs in the Child Customer.
The multi-tenant configuration in the Silverline Portal was designed to solve for several use-cases:
- A Customer has multiple business units that each require their own configuration and rights, but should not have those rights shared across the entire organization. By creating Child Customers for each business unit, this can provide individual control while the Parent Customer has oversight across all business units.
- Customers may have multiple F5 Silverline Services (ex. DDoS Protection and WAF) where the users requiring administrative access to these areas are fundamentally different and should not have access to each other's configuration or reporting.
- Customers may have a 3rd party reseller or systems integrator manage their Silverline configuration for them. To enable the reseller or integrator to have access to multiple customers, they would be established as the parent with individual customers configured as children for them to manage.
- F5 Resellers will sell F5 Silverline services to their customers and also wish to provide added consulting or management capabilities for those customers. The multi-tenant configuration enables them to have the visibility needed to manage their various customer configurations within Silverline.
How to Configure Multi-Tenant Relationships
Configuration of Multi-Tenant relationships must be done by the Silverline SOC. Open a support ticket to establish this configuration.
- No customer has the Multi-Tenant feature enabled by default
- No customer will be configured for a multi-tenant relationship without approval by both parties.
How to View Parent / Child Customers in Silverline Portal
As a Parent Customer when logging in, you will see your own Parent Customer and any configured Child Customers in an initial dashboard:
You may select any customer to continue viewing or configuring the customer's attributes as if you were a configured user of that customer.
To return to the Customer List screen above, click on the F5 Silverline logo in the upper left of any page.
Additionally, on the [Customer] > Edit Customer page of the Parent (Edit Customer button is only available for Customer Admin users), there will be additional details about each Child Customer assigned to this parent:
As a Child Customer, the login experience is normal in that any user logging in will see the Customer Dashboard upon entering the portal.
For Child Customers, on the [Customer] > Edit Customer page (Edit Customer button is only available for Customer Admin users), there will be information on who the Parent Customer is for this Child:
- Onboarding Videos Guide: Web Application Firewall (WAF)